Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Eco Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4: Weekly Update

To remind you guys, my Eco Chic SMART Goal was 
              "I will use a cloth napkin for 2 out of the 3 meals I eat daily in my home fro the next 10 weeks."
                                  http://cloud9design.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/ds2.jpg

I did good this past week with keeping up my goal, but like always, had one slip up. I had spaghetti for dinner one night, which turned out to be very messy, and also spilled the saucepan on the table, and my paper napkins were the closest thing in a fast reach. Although I always keep cloth napkins on the table, making my goal very easy, I did not have any on the table at this meal, which was a big mustake since it was spaghetti haha. I put more cloth napkins out right after this, though, and it has been going great. I put cloth napkins at my boyfriends apartment also, which did not work out, and niether him nor his roommates use them. 

For next week I will continue as is and keep cloth napkins readily available on my kitchen table at all times in hopes that I do not use a single paper napkin in my home. This I beleive is an achievable goal.

3 comments:

  1. I think you're doing great on your goal! I feel like cloth napkins are messy, which makes paper napkins so much more convenient. Good for you for trying to get your bf involved too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really conventient to be able to clean up a big mess, like sauce all over, and just throw away the napkins. But you get points for trying. And getting other people involved in your lifestyle change is great, but really hard. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on your goal... spaghetti will always be messy so don't feel so bad about using paper napkins! Hopefully your boyfriend will slowly but surely change his ideas on paper napkins!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an eco-friendly comment :)