Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Eye Opener: Environmental Working Group and CoverGirl

   For this eye opener, I digged into the mascara I use: CoverGirl's Professional Remarkable Mascara. I went to the website for Skin Deep Cosmetic Database and entered in the mascara I use. What I found was shocking...a 7 out of 10 was alloted to my mascara...not good.

   On a scale of low, moderate, or high, the "overall hazard" for my CoverGirl Mascara was moderately high, the "allergies and immunotoxicity" was high, and the "use restirctions" was moderate, with the overal health concern being high. Overall, I found out that my is not very safe to use.


http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/159521/CoverGirl_Professional_Remarkable_Mascara%2C_Very_Black_200/     

   For my thoughts on this, it is alarming. I have heard before that CoverGirl can be unsafe, and I think that I will stop using CoverGirl products. I don't want to get sick just from my choice of makeup. It's definitely time for a new makeup brand.              

3 comments:

  1. That's interesting about your mascara but I'm not too surprised. I've heard before that you should be super careful about mascara since it's so close to your eyes and cause serious damage. But it's hard if you don't have any negative side effects to it. You could check out Physician's Formula mascara. I use it sometimes and it's organic! It works great, the only downfall is the price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about makeup, but I would guess that putting chemicals next to your eyes isn't the best. Its great that you are going to stop using it in search of something better. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you look up other mascaras? Maybe the reason why it is at a high allergy level because mascara can get into you eyes and irritate them? From personal experience, my eyes get irritated once in awhile depending on how much mascara I put on.. but maybe I'm in fact one of those people allergic to it or something. Just something to think about!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an eco-friendly comment :)