Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Share & Voice: 99 Reuses for Plastic Bags

     While searching online for ways to reuse plastic bags, I came across the website for Planet Green. This is such a cool website! It is all about being eco-friendly and has TONS of cool ideas for green vacations, toys, etc., as well as everything from environment news articles, beauty tips, how to reuse clothes, to how to have a more "green" vacation.

     What really got me interested in this site is the article they had called "99 Reuses for Plastic Bags." I love that they put this up because we all have thousands of plastic bags just sitting around from shopping, and this article gives you ways to reuse them. My personal favorites were using old (clean) plastic bags as baby bibs, using old bags as kites, and keeping a few in your car for "emergency trash bags."

   As you can see, there are thousands of ways to make your life greener without even trying that hard! Give it a try for yourself sometime :)

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/

3 comments:

  1. This is great! During my SMART goal I tried to eliminate plastic bags but when you forget your reusable bag you need something to carry your groceries home and may need to turn to plastic bags. I'm glad there are ways to reuse these bags! I like to line my small bathroom and bedroom trash cans with plastic bags instead of buying small garbage bags. The ideas you listed are great too!

    Can you expand a little more on the green vacation? I am really curious about this! Spring break option maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reusing plastic bags! I'm always on the lookout for new ways to reuse plastic bags. I think it's so weird that my roommate and I have so many plastic bags but back at home, we barely have any because we're always reusing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I had no idea that there were that many ways to reuse a plastic bag. I know at my place that we reuse them as garbage bags for out small wastebaskets.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an eco-friendly comment :)